REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications with a strong interrelationship with Events
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
OVERVIEW & ROLE DESCRIPTION: We are a rapidly growing non-profit organization operating in the highly interesting and energizing world of coffee. While we offer a casual and flexible work environment (i.e., we have a lot of fun), we are very focused on success and require staff oriented toward productivity and accomplishment. The Event Marketing Manager will report to the Director, Marketing & Communications, and will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy and promotion plans for SCAA events. This position requires a savvy, creative professional with at least 2-5 years of solid experience managing interactive, direct response marketing campaigns in a B2B trade show environment.
A highly motivated, self-directed candidate will have expertise in achieving aggressive marketing and sales objectives while closely managing budgets. This position’s responsibilities include meeting established annual revenue objectives through marketing activities that include email and direct mail development, web site merchandising optimization, search engines and social media marketing, and more. Strong copywriting skills for the trade show audience, including attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, is required.
KEY AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY:
• Manage all marketing campaign elements for annual trade show & Symposium. Support both Marketing & Events departments on the execution of successful campaigns to maximize attendance and ensure high impact brand awareness.
• Provide management support to additional 4 major regional events through execution of various campaign components according to plans developed by Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Develop and deploy all campaign elements including but not limited to direct mail campaigns, email marketing pieces, website updates, ad creative & media reservations, onsite brand elements and sponsorship related deliverables.
• Manage further developmentof smart phone app & related technology driven components of annual trade show. Lead social media efforts specific to event marketing campaign.
• Development of highly engaging copy for various audiences; thorough understanding of how to position event value for both Exhibitors and Attendees.
• Analyze campaign success and recommend new strategies to improve upon future marketing planning to meet customer needs.
• Develop and manage event marketing prospect lists.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2-5 years experience with trade show marketing required.
• Previous experience with copywriting for the trade show audience (Exhibitors, Sponsors, and Attendees) and how to position messaging to various stakeholders required. Examples of past work encouraged.
• Proactive and enthusiastic work ethic.
• Detail oriented and highly organized; ability to meet deadlines in fast paced, high energy environment. Ability to multi-task and wear different hats to accomplish objectives.
• Superior project management skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing clear communication of timelines and expectations to team members
• Team-player who has experience working with cross-departmental teams to achieve shared goals.
• Ability to analyze markets and customer needs and develop marketing plans and product recommendations based on those needs
• Proficient understanding of web site functionality and email marketing best practices. Familiarity with website maintenance & management and experience managing an outside website programming firm.
• Ability to define and track the key metrics for email and online marketing success
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, organizational, and written communication skills. Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office software applications – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Experience and success with SEM, SEO, mobile websites, apps and leveraging social media platforms to expand brand
• Coffee industry specific knowledge is a plus but not required.
• This is a full time position that works out of the SCAA Long Beach Headquarters.
• Travel to the SCAA annual Exposition will be required
• Some additional travel may be required
• Compensation Package: Based on experience. Competitive health benefits and 9 major holidays paid. Flexible working environment.